The White Oak Foundation emerged as a Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved Counseling Agency in 2009 hence establishing an internal Program focused on home retention within our community.
Our Housing Program offers a variety of services ranging from financial guidance and assistance for home preservation to counseling services for sound home investment/money management.
The Services offered include:
- Loss Mitigation Assistance: This is the process where borrowers and their loan servicer work together to avoid a foreclosure.
- Pre-Purchase education & counseling classes and one-on-one counseling for future home investment(s);
- Rental assistance educational workshops and referrals to NC Housing Search;
- Financial Literacy Education classes offering sound money management guidance; and
- Workshops on topics such as banking, credit, budgeting and debt management, savings & investment.
- Our Program offers services to Wake, Durham, Chatham, Lee, Harnett, Johnston and Orange counties.
First Time Home Buyers Classes In 2020
Next in-person class: September 26, 2020
Pre-Paid Cost: $25 Per Individual and $35 Per Couple – Lunch Provided
Location: White Oak Foundation, Inc. First Floor Classroom
1624 White Oak Church Rd
Apex, NC 27523
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please click below to Buy Now, then enter your ticket cost and quantity.
Topics to be covered in the class include:
- Are You Ready to Buy a Home
- Managing Your Money
- Understanding Credit
- Obtaining a Mortgage Loan
- Shopping for a Home
- Protecting Your Investment
- Fair Housing
- Survival Tips for Homeowners
- Foreclosure Prevention
Seating is limited. Please contact the White Oak Foundation (Ms. Burnette) by September 22, 2020 at 919-362-6799 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat. Class Must Be Paid For In Advance By September 22, 2020.
Lunch will be Provided.
Classes are available to the entire community.
Auxiliary Aids and Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Remaining First Time Home Buyers Classes
Online Homebuyer Education
You may take the 8-Hour Homebuyer Education Workshop Online through E-Home America. By following the provided link you are able to take this course at your convenience at the cost of $150. This course is available in English or Spanish.