The White Oak Foundation, Inc., WOF, (www.whiteoakfoundationnc.org) is hard at work keeping families in their homes by saving them from foreclosure, educating potential homebuyers & renters, ensuring that families have food to eat through our bi-monthly Food Bank distribution and tri-weekly hot meals to seniors, providing scholarships to those seeking to prepare for the future, and providing assistance with utilities bills and other financial hardships. In short, we’re busy improving our communities and bringing economic stability to families in need. With your financial support our work to “care for the total person” flourishes. We are grateful to our current supporters and are happy to share our 2014 accomplishments with you:
- Provided housing counseling to more than 330 hard-working families through our Housing Counseling program, including saving 72 homes from foreclosure through assistance from NCHFA;
- Provided rental assistance, medical assistance & utility payment assistance to 92 families in crisis;
- Provided budget counseling and financial literacy education to over 40 families;
- Provided 4,725 meals for senior citizens;
- Provided food to 6,767 families;
- Provided an educational & fun Summer Camp to over 36 children;
- Provided tutoring & mentoring to 8 at-risk students;
- Awarded $10,000 in scholarships to deserving scholars in the community; and
- Hosted a Healthy Kids Day event, Men’s Health and Wellness Conference, Women’s Health and Wellness (incl. Mammograms) Symposium and a NC Baptist Men’s Mobile Dental Unit screening in conjunction with multiple business partners.
Donate online by clicking below:
Or send donations to:
White Oak Foundation
1624 White Oak Church Rd.
Apex, NC. 27523